THE WOMEN’S Shelter HOUSE
The Women’s Shelter House in Fürth helps women and their children who need to escape from acute situations of violence. The address of this Shelter home is anonymous. Nobody will know the identity of the women staying there. Men have no access. Admission is possible around the clock.
Counselling and guidance in the House are free of charge; focus is put on the needs of women. The Women’s House is open to women and children irrespective of their nationality. There is no admittance for individuals suffering from either an alcohol or a drugs dependency, an acute mental illness or for homeless people or those under the age of 18. If any of the last mentioned categories apply, please go to the link “Further Contacts” to find more support services.
The Women’s House is located in a part of Fürth with good public transport links. A school and children’s nursery are close by. A total of 5 rooms are available for residents. Every woman with her children occupies one room. Kitchen, bathrooms and living room are shared with the other residents. A large garden and a separate playroom offer children and adolescents enough room to romp and play.
You remain responsible for your everyday routine (cooking, cleaning, washing, etc.) You are also responsible for your children. The residents contribute to the running of the House by carrying out specific chores and household tasks. The Shelter Home enables you to get to know women with similar experiences, exchange views with them and provide mutual support.
There is a limit to the length of time you can stay at the Women’s House in Fürth. During this time you can explore new options for an independent life within or outside of your relationship.
PHYSICAL AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE COMMITTED IN THE FAMILY ARE ALSO PUNISHABLE BY LAW! THREATS, HUMILIATION AND THE TAKING AWAY OF DOCUMENTS ALSO ARE ACTS OF VIOLENCE! DON’T BE AFRAID TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH
You can ring us around the clock on 0911 – 72 90 08.
- You can discuss the next steps to take with one of our female staff.
- Please ensure that your partner does not listen to the telephone conversation.
- It is essential to delete our number from the call memory after the call is finished.
- If possible, pack personal belongings and all documents.
- The female staff member will agree a meeting point with you where we will come and collect you.
- For safety reasons, we cannot pick you up directly from your personal address.
IF POSSIBLE, YOU SHOULD BRING:
All important documents
- ID card/passport/marriage certificate/birth certificate
- Health insurance card
- Insurance documents
- School reports and references
- Income tax card (Lohnsteuerkarte)
- Rental contract
- Proof of income
- Bank details/savings book/money
For the children
- Children’s ID/passports/birth certificates
- Health insurance card/vaccination record
- Child arrangement order (if possible)
- School items
- Baby items
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
We accompany and support women so they can express their wishes for the future and find ways of realising them. Every Women’s House resident may access advice sessions, for example on the following topics:
- Advice on legal options and liaising with female legal advocates
- Support in dealing with government authorities
- Clarification of financial and professional situation
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Educational support for children in groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Integrating children in a new school or when starting school
- Finding nursery places
- Psychosocial counselling in dealing with situations of abuse
- Psychosocial group work